Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Eagle Has Landed

I can now confirm to you, my loyal readers, that I have returned to my adopted homeland of Ontario. Well, okay, I’ve actually been back nearly two weeks now. And that 4-day stay in Kenora? Funny story. Turns out the car repairs I paid hundreds of dollars for and waited an entire long weekend to get didn’t actually fix anything. Ahh, good times.

I recall the drive up last August being rather inspiring. To be exposed to so much of my own country, so much of it I was ignorant of. Natural beauty and all that jazz. The drive back, though… much less fun. I hated every fucking inch of that road. Every kilometer turned over on the odometer got me further out of Hell. I had grand plans to go on about a million different road trips, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna do this ever again. Kenora? Thunder Bay? It was nice knowing you.

I haven’t got anything against air trips, however, so on Monday the 23rd I’ll be meeting up with Andrew in Berlin. The one in Germany. Two weeks later I’m flying out of London. What we do in between is anybody’s guess. Paintball in Hitler’s bunker? Overnight at the Eagle’s Nest? Tea with the Queen? Could be in the cards.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

so much for our coffee get together eh lol I am sure it may happen sometime before I die - have a great time

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home