Sunday, October 29, 2006

Or Just Sit Around and be Miserable. Your Choice.

Yeah Hal, real active

Joanne: And finally, with as little as 20 minutes a day spent riding a bike, you can strengthen your cardiovascular system in a few short weeks!

Hal: So remember… keep fit, and have fun!

Director: Cut!

Hal: Hey Joanne, great piece.

Joanne: You don’t think I looked too goofy in that bicycle helmet?

Hal: Are you kidding?! You looked great!

Joanne: Watch it, mister – flattery will get you everywhere!

Hal: Ha ha ha. Good one, Joanne!

Joanne: Thanks!

Hal: Say, Joanne… I was wondering if you’d like to maybe get a drink later tonight? Or, you know, maybe just a bite to eat?

Joanne: Boy, I don’t know Hal…

Hal: Oh, alright…

Joanne: Well, it’s just that I told a friend that I’d give her a phone call tonight.

Hal: Right, no, that’s cool. I totally understand, trust me. No prob.

Joanne: But thanks!

Hal: Well… I mean, what about tomorrow, maybe?

Joanne: Okay, Hal, I don’t mean anything by this, but… we’ve been over this before, right?

Hal: But that was 7 years ago, Joanne!

Joanne: Listen, Hal, I’m not trying to embarrass you, I’m really not. But you know I don’t feel that way about you. I mean, what more can I say?

Hal: So you’re saying that in 16 years, you’ve never even thought about it?

Joanne: Yes Hal, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Can two people of the opposite sex not work together without… you know…

Hal: Going for some drinks after work?

Joanne: Hal, you know it’s not about that.

Hal: Is it the moustache? I could grow it back. It only takes me, like, four weeks.

Joanne: No, Hal, that’s not it. I ‘m just not into you like that. And I really do have to make that phone call, so I’ll see you tomorrow.

Hal: Okay… I hope this won’t make things all, you know… weird from now on.

Joanne: It’s alright. You’re a great guy, Hal. Hang in there. You’ll find someone, kay?

Hal: Thanks Joanne. Keep fit and have fun.

Joanne: You too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

lmao mike this has GOT to be one of my favorites so far!

1:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, you know that they are married in real life and have a kid?

10:38 am  
Blogger Mike said...

I did come across this fact as I searched the Internets for photos of Hal. That kinda undermined my whole joke, so I chose to not mention it. So thanks a ton.

6:03 pm  
Blogger luna pie said...

I heard that Hal Johnson was (is) dead! Is this true?

8:29 am  
Blogger Beth said...

ya sare I heard that too

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home